Join our team!
There are currently no open positions. Thank you for your interest.
Program Associate, Law Enforcement and Public Safety
About Compassion Institute
Our mission at CI is to advance compassion as a guiding principle and active force to foster a more caring world – “Unlocking our best human qualities through the transformative power of compassion.”
The evidence is compelling. While compassion is an inherent quality we all possess as human beings, psychology, neuroscience and clinical medicine show that it is an orientation and skill that can be cultivated and strengthened to increase the well-being of individuals, communities and society.
As the global experts in compassion-based interventions, Compassion Institute develops and delivers programs for individuals and organizations, designed to promote personal and societal well-being. We provide training and programs for the general public and for keystone professions, including law enforcement and public safety, education, and health. Our evidence-based programs are developed to provide practical benefits for individuals and organizations, reducing stress and the likelihood of burnout, especially for critical, frontline professionals so that they may continue to serve and thrive in their chosen fields.
About Our Law Enforcement and Public Safety Program: Courageous Heart: The Human Behind the Badge (CH)
We have been serving law enforcement, public safety and civic management since 2018. To date, we have served more than 75 agencies and cities across the State of California. Our 1-Day and 3-Day courses are Certified by the Commission on Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) in the State of California.
Courageous Heart: The Human Behind the Badge training is designed specifically by Compassion Institute for, and in partnership with, Law Enforcement and Public Safety personnel. It is an unique, practical, and groundbreaking program that helps develop the strength to be with suffering, the courage to take compassionate action, and the resilience to deal with emotional stress in the face of life’s challenges. It sets individual officer wellness and self-care in the context of the current realities of the job, and introduces upfront the science behind resilience training and the potential benefits of integrating these practices into everyday life. Our courses offer a combination of practical training, tools, meditation, discussion in small and large groups, as well as optional out-of-classroom assignments.
Courageous Heart Training can make a difference by supporting physical health, happiness, and wellbeing, including increased self-compassion and self-care, reduced stress, anxiety, and enhanced connection with others, even in the face of conflict. It can also support deeper understanding of cultural and racial bias through specific exercises recognizing common humanity.
You thrive within teams who support excellence, great work ethic, learning, kindness, and appreciation for your unique skills and attributes. You see the world, and the people in it, through a lens of curiosity, respect, gratitude and integrity. In your role, you wish to make a positive contribution in the field of law enforcement and public safety, bringing your past work experience and skills to the focus areas described below. You can follow or lead, depending on your role in a project. You bring your razor-sharp attention to detail, as well as your problem-solving and timeliness to all of your responsibilities. You bring your best self to this role, along with a sense of humor and the desire for harmonious, trusting teamwork.
About the Position
This newly created position, Program Associate, Law Enforcement and Public Safety, will be instrumental in supporting a wide range of initiatives for the Law Enforcement and Public Safety Program, required to take us to the next level of growth. These will span operational, programmatic, financial, and organizational areas, with a focus on courses administration and logistics management, grant application support and administration, and marketing, social media, and conference participation.
The Program Associate will be joining the Law Enforcement and Public Safety Team, working closely and in partnership with the Program Director, and other team members who each leverage their unique skill sets to serve the Program’s mission. This is a high-output team, dedicated to excellence, integrity, and exemplary client service throughout all our offerings, initiatives, and interactions. The Program Associate will report to the Program Director.
Key responsibilities will include the following, as well as additional projects requested by the Program Director:
– Hands-on management of all CH courses administration, registration process, and logistics, working together with our part-time Program Administrator. Our courses are delivered online (primarily) and in-person.
– Manage scheduling and coordination of our CH courses roster, including booking instructors.
– Ensure CRM is accurately maintained, working with our Part-Time Program Administrator.
– Produce various Reports as specified by the Program Director.
– Assist with client and student invoicing to ensure accurate and timely billing.
– Ensure accurate records of specified program expenses are submitted to our accounting team.
– Contribute to our strategic marketing plan, produce and / or manage content, campaigns, and marketing output / collateral in a timely manner.
– Create and execute on a social media plan, including content creation, posting, and co-ordinated management across LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
– Assist Program Director with grant applications.
– Handle day-to-day grants administration once grant is in place, working with our part-time Program Administrator.
– Produce Reports as directed.
– A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
– At least six years’ experience after college graduation working in a non profit, the law enforcement profession, or in a professional training organization.
– Demonstrated ability to manage complex, cross-functional projects.
– Tech-savvy, quick to learn new software and comfortable with problem-solving.
– Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Drive.
– High proficiency in administering CRM databases. Experience with Airtable or other relational database software preferred.
– High skill level in social media marketing (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram). Working knowledge of Hootsuite or similar platforms is beneficial.
– Experience with user-friendly graphic design platforms, such as Canva, is beneficial.
– Half Moon Bay, California
– Program Associate will have appropriate facilities to work remotely as needed, and will be able to work from the Half Moon Bay office as required.
Program Associate, Health and Systems Transformation
Estimated start date: August 1, 2022
Location: Remote, United States required, California preferred
Deadline: June 30, 2022
Job type: Full time
Compensation: $40,000 – $60,000
We are seeking an incredibly organized and mission-driven individual to join our growing and dynamic Health and Systems Transformation Programs. You will be joining a small but mighty team coordinating the operations of our work with multiple institutional partners ranging from community health centers, universities, government agencies, and international organizations. You will work closely with and report to the Program Manager and Program Director of Health and Systems Transformation. This is a full-time position.
– Motivated and mission-driven; Thrives on supporting and collaborating in remote teams to facilitate mission-driven programmatic work.
– Extremely attentive to detail while simultaneously skilled at holding the big picture of where partnerships and programs are headed long term.
– Organization is second nature; Can track multiple projects at the same time.
– Is tech savvy and enjoys collaboratively finding solutions to problems in order to support the smooth running of operations in service of program outcomes.
Compassion Institute is a global leader in compassion education and advocacy. As a growing U.S.-registered nonprofit, our mission is to advance compassion as a guiding principle and active force to foster a more caring world. We develop and deliver programs for individuals and organizations designed to promote personal and societal well-being. We operationalize the mission by bringing secular compassion-based training and organizational development services to industries critical to a healthy society, including health, education, law enforcement, and social services.
Our signature program, Compassion Cultivation Training (CCT), was first developed at Stanford University in 2008 by highly respected leaders in compassion education, contemplative practice, psychology, and contemplative and compassion science. The program has been the subject of numerous research studies over the last decade, demonstrating its value in meeting many of the challenges of modern life.
– Carry out tasks across the Health and Systems Transformation Programs – including administrative, event planning, marketing, and other tasks crucial to the smooth running of projects.
– Support coordination with partners and contractors on operational matters, as needed.
– Report to and work closely with the Program Manager and Program Director in service of the mission and programs.
– Responsibilities may evolve as needed.
– Bachelor’s degree. Minimum of 2 years full / part-time work in similar roles.
– Experience supporting the operations of complex projects from start to finish within an organizational setting.
– Experience supporting large long-term institution-to-institution partnerships.
– Experience using technology to streamline processes.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Strong affinity with the mission of Compassion Institute.
– Experience in the fields of (1) healthcare, public health, or other social service profession, and (2) inner cultivation, particularly in terms of professional well-being, burnout, or compassion.
– Basic science literacy.
– Experience and creativity in terms of event planning and implementation.
– Experience with online meeting, training, and project management applications.
– Written and verbal fluency in Spanish, French, or other languages.
– The Program Associate will report to the Senior Program Manager and Program Director of Health and Systems Transformation.
– At this time, we are only able to hire candidates with work authorization in the US.
– CI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees.